As our elite team of artists continues to grow so does our need for world-class Art Direction.
Even though right now we have our Art Direction needs covered, we are always searching for AD talent as of course, our needs can change.
Working alongside the Creative Director, the Art Director will hold a key position within our team liaising closely with Client, Project Management and Art teams. As a world class artist and manager, the Art Director will be managing and guiding an elite team of artists, making sure that the artwork created within the studio is top quality.
- Managing and guiding a highly skilled team of concept artists and illustrators.
- Giving hands-on artistic feedback and doing paintovers if necessary.
- Acting as a gatekeeper for providing the highest quality art within the industry.
- Being in direct communication with our partners/clients, making sure the required quality standards are met and the deadlines are hit.
- Being in constant communication with Project Managers and Lead Artists, making sure that the projects are delivered to the highest quality standards and within deadlines.
- Liasing with the Studio Director to make sure that the studio goals are met.
- Provide Art Direction for internal projects and IP’s.
- Making sure that the projects are delivered with highest attention to detail.
Skills & Requirements
- A world class artist, designer and mentor.
- A great all-rounder. Can give feedback on characters, environments, creatures, props, composition, etc.
- Amazing drawing and digital painting skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years experience in the entertainment industry as an Art Director or Lead Artist.
- Experience in managing small to medium size art teams.
- Vast experience in giving artistic feedback and doing paint overs.
- Immaculate attention to detail is a must.
- Proficiency in using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in using 3D packages such as Blender, Modo, ZBrush, etc.
- Experience in using cloud project management softwares such as Basecamp, Slack, Google Workplace, etc.
- Experience as an Art Director within an art outsourcing team is a plus.
- Highly competitive salary
- Yearly performance bonus
- Client referral bonus (£1000 for each signed client)
- Employer contributory pension plan. (%8 - %5 Employee - %3 Employer)
- Educational material and expenses
- 21 days paid holiday per year ( +1 Day for each year of service).
- Flexible working. Choice of working from home or office
- Free snacks and quality coffee (work from the office)
- No bureaucracy. This is a small, tight-knit team (Transparency)
- Private Health Insurance (Vitality)
- Any additional employee benefits that the company may provide in the future
Sponsorship and Visa assistance can be provided for successful international applicants but we are also happy to consider remote applications.
So, if you love working with artists, being part of a great team, and a low-gravity work environment, we'd love to hear from you!
Adventures await. Are you in?